1. Welcome to Finnotec, where we help you get savvy about financial technology (fintech). These are our terms ("Terms")
- 1.1 Finnotec is an online platform to help you keep track of fintech and related matters at finnotec.co.nz (the "Website").
- 1.2 These Terms apply to your use of the Website. By accessing the Website, the person entering into these Terms as a user of the Website, together with all individual users accessing the Website on that person's behalf (together, "you") accept and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, you should not use the Website.
- 1.3 Additional terms may apply to specific services provided through or on the Website. Where we indicate that additional terms apply, you must read these Terms in conjunction with those additional terms. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and those additional terms, the additional terms will prevail (unless we expressly tell you otherwise).
2. We can amend these Terms
- 2.1 We can amend these Terms at any time. Amendments will be effective immediately when posted on the Website. We will try and give you notice of any amendments, however you are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest Terms. By continuing to use the Website, you agree to be bound by the Terms as amended. You can always find the current version of the Terms here.
3. Don't use Finnotec for an illegal or harmful purpose
- 3.1 You agree to only use the Website in a way that complies with all applicable laws and regulations and in a way that does not infringe on our rights.
- 3.2 Without limiting clause 3.1, in particular, you agree that you will not do any of the following and will not attempt to or knowingly allow any person to, do any of the following:
(a) submit false or misleading information;
(b) damage or harm the Website, or any underlying or connected network or system;
(c) use a harvesting bot, robot, spider, scraper, or other unauthorised automated means to access the Website or content featured on it for any purpose;
(d) introduce any viruses, content or code to the Website that is technologically harmful;
(e) use the Website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory;
(f) do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of the Website, such as a denial of service attack;
(g) facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms; or
(h) solicit log in information or access an account belonging to someone else without their express permission.
- 3.3 You are responsible for all activity resulting from your use of the Website. You indemnify us, and will keep us indemnified, against all forms of liability, actions, proceedings, demands, costs, changes and expenses which we may incur or be subject to or suffer as a result of your use of the Website.
- 3.4 Without limiting any other rights and remedies available to us, if we believe you have breached or are in breach of these Terms, we may:
(a) issue a warning to you;
(b) limit your activities on the Website and the App;
(c) suspend or cancel your access to the Website and the App; or
(d) co-operate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of or to locate anyone breaching these Terms.
4. Treat Finnotec as a guide only. Seek professional advice.
- 4.1 The information and tools provided by the Website should not be your sole source of information when you are making business and funding decisions. They should be treated as a guide only.
- 4.2 The information we provide does not constitute an opinion or recommendation to invest in any business.
- 4.3 In order to provide the Website, we collect data and information from a number of sources. A significant portion of this data and information is sourced from publicly available documents and sites. Although we will do our best to update this information regularly, we do not warrant that the data and information provided on the Website is correct, complete, comprehensive, accurate or timely.
5. This is our IP
- 5.1 We (and our licensors or suppliers, as the case may be) own all intellectual property rights existing in the Website (excluding third party content identified as such on the Website), all software code underlying and forming part of the Website and any improvements, enhancements, modifications or adaptions to the Website.
- 5.2 We own trademark rights to the Finnotec logo and the phrases 'where financial innovation meets technology' and 'ideate.collaborate.execute'.
- 5.3 Unless you have received our prior written permission, you agree not to, and will not permit or encourage any third party to:
(a) adapt, reproduce, modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create adaptations from any part of the Website; or
(b) commercialise, copy or on-sell any information or materials obtained from any part of the Website.
- 5.4 You may view, save, copy and print any part of the Website (including content) for your personal use only. You must obtain written permission from us to otherwise use, copy, modify, or distribute any part of the Website (including content) in any way. If you wish to use any third party material identified as such on the Website you must obtain the prior consent of the relevant owner. This includes the content of websites you access via links from the Website. If you would like permission to use any part of the Website (other than saving, copying and printing any part of the Website or the App for personal use), please contact us.
- 5.5 You may not publish or use the Finnotec brand, branding or logos without our prior written permission.
- 5.6 In the event that we grant you permission to use the Finnotec logo, we grant you a non-exclusive limited licence to use our logo subject to these Terms. You must comply with any instructions that we may give you from time to time about your use of our logo. Unless you have our express written consent, you must not (a) alter our logo in any way; (b) use our logo in a way that suggests any type of association or partnership with us; (c) use our logo in a way that is harmful, deceptive, obscene or otherwise objectionable to the average person; or (d) use our logo to, or in connection with, content that disparages us or damages our reputation.
6. Finnotec might not always be perfect
- 6.1 We will take reasonable care in providing you the Website, however they are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Use of them is at your sole risk.
- 6.2 We will try to promptly address (during normal business hours) all technical issues that arise in connection with the Website, however there may be times when the Website is inaccessible.
- 6.3 From time to time, we may issue an update to the Website which may add, modify and/or remove features. We will endeavour to let you know about these changes in advance, but these updates may be pushed out automatically with little or no notice.
- 6.4 New Zealand consumer law provides you with some rights and protections when you buy a product or service. You can find our more here http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/for-consumers. Other than mandatory guarantees and protections provided to you by consumer law, we disclaim and exclude all implied conditions and warranties. To avoid doubt, we do not warrant that: (a) the Website will meet your specific requirements or be complete, accurate, reliable or timely – the purpose of Finnotec is to provide generic business startup and fintech related information only; (b) the Website will be uninterrupted, secure, or error free; (c) the quality of any services, information or other material will meet your specific expectations; or (d) all errors in the Website will be corrected.
- 6.5 We may use third party suppliers to provide necessary hardware, software, networking, connectivity, storage and related technology required to provide the Website and the App. Other users have access to the Website and the App. The acts and omissions of those third party suppliers and other users may be outside of our control, and we do not accept any liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any act or omission of any third party supplier or other user.
- 6.6 To the maximum extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any loss or damages resulting from your use of, or inability to use, the Website or the App, whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statutory duty or otherwise. To avoid doubt, will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, income, anticipated savings, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages).
- 6.7 In any event, you agree that our total liability will be limited to the amount of Fees paid by you.
7. Just because we provide links to websites doesn't mean we endorse them
- 7.1 The Website may enable you to access other applications and websites. Even though these applications and websites are accessible through the Website, they are not owned and controlled by us. Any links to third party websites are provided for convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply that we endorse or verify such websites. Articles or reports by named authors express their own views and do not necessarily reflect our views. Accordingly, we are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred by you as a result of your access to those applications and websites.
8. This is a legal agreement, so some general provisions apply
- 8.1 These Terms are governed by New Zealand law, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts for any matter or dispute arising in relation to these Terms.
- 8.3 If any provision of these Terms is found by a court or other competent authority to be invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that provision is limited or eliminated to the minimum extent so that the remainder of these Terms otherwise remain in full effect.
- 8.4 If we do not exercise or enforce any right available to us under these Terms, it does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- 8.5 The headings used throughout these Terms are provided for your convenience and do not affect the meaning of these Terms.
9. Contact us
- 9.1 If you have any questions about these Terms, the practices of the Website, or if you would like to give us feedback, you can contact us.